with Classic Nia...
Combining dance, martial arts and mindfulness, the Nia Technique tones and conditions your body while transforming your mind, emotion and spirit. More than "just a workout," Nia is a holistic fitness practice addressing each aspect of your life - body, mind, emotion and spirit.
With Nia, every person can discover, explore, unleash, and enhance their individual potential to live a healthy and meaningful life by engaging their senses and listening to their bodies.
- Nia is based on the intelligent design of the body bringing mindfulness to your dance and movement leaving you energized, mentally clear, and emotionally balanced.
- Nia combines 52 simple moves with dance arts, martial arts, and healing arts to condition your body and release your mind, emotion, and spirit.
- Nia is non-impact, practiced barefoot, and adaptable to individual needs and abilities.
with Nia MoveIT
Move IT is a revolutionary approach to whole body fitness integrating the best of exercise science, modern interval training and somatic movement through Nia's sensory-based approach to fitness. The 60-minute class promises to bring conditioning to every body part and muscle group.
Move IT classes are distinguished by somatic coaching with 60-second sequential intervals that isolate and integrate Nia movements. Each class delivers four types of conditioning: aerobic, anaerobic, reflexive, and voluntary.
Nia Move IT results in:
- Cardiovascular conditioning
- Deepened awareness of your body's anatomy
- Whole body strength, physical dexterity, muscle tone
- Improve range of motion in all joints of the body
- Skill to consciously direct your movement practice toward your fitness goals
with Nia 5 Stages of Healing
Nia 5 Stages is a physical practice based on five stages of human development: Embryonic, Creeping, Crawling, Standing and Walking. Consciously moving through these stages as an adult re-integrates the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual elements in such a way that after just five minutes of practice, participants notice improvements in power, range of motion and ease in areas of their bodies other forms of exercise do not affect. This process of realignment allows the body to do what it is designed to do: explore its potential, self-heal and grow.
Nia 5 Stages practice results in:
- Increased energy and vitality
- Improved posture and grace
- Increased Sensory IQ and overall body awareness
- A deep sense of relaxation
- Physical and energetic alignment
Nia 5 Stages practice is excellent for:
- Reclaiming optimal alignment and functioning
- Releasing tension and blocked energy
- Regaining flexibility, agility, mobility, strength and stability
- Reclaiming and maintaining joint mobility and muscle balance